Accounts & Compliance Coordinator
Main purpose of job:
We are looking to hire an Accounts & Compliance Coordinator with an established accounting background and well-versed with the compliance requirements of the Charities Commission of England. The role is full-time for one candidate covering the areas of Accounting and Compliance; however, it can be fulfilled between two candidates as part-time Accounts Coordinator and part-time Compliance Coordinator.
Main tasks of job:
- To maintain the Charity’s bookkeeping and accounting systems in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
- To oversee the smooth running of daily financial processing, including invoicing, banking and payroll.
- To report to the Accounts manager on the financial performance of the organisation and prepare all reconciliation reports.
- To be responsible to produce management accounts, cash flows and financial reports to assist Management in decision making.
- To ensure the Charity maximises its income by promoting Gift aid and applying Charity VAT reliefs where appropriate.
- To produce quarterly and yearly Budgets with variance reports.
- To support the implementation of the compliance procedure as required by the Charities commission of England for the Charity to meet all its legal obligations.
- Knowledge of financial processes and procedures, including budgeting, cash flows and production of management accounts.
- Knowledge of Charity financial reporting requirements and legislation, including SORP requirements, Gift Aid and charity VAT reliefs.
- Experience of producing Annual Accounts and returns for the Charity Commission.
- Experience of payroll processing, including auto-enrolment pensions.
- Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), industry with ideally some charity experience.
- Understanding and management of risks and issues.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Apply for job